Recipe Review #1 - Biroche Dough from Bigger Bolder Baking

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been so MIA lately. I'm taking one small summer class and have been using all my lazy points during my free time. So hopefully, I'll be more productive in the future, right? I've been watching a lot of old shows like Inuyasha and Yu-Gi-Oh(don't judge me.) I've also been reading a lot of W.I.T.C.H. comics as of recently. Then, there is YouTube and League of Legends, which take up too much of my time. Don't worry, I swear I don't have a problem yet.

While I was on YouTube, I came across Gemma Stafford's channel - Bigger Bolder Baking. If you ever go on Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest, etc, you have probably seen her videos or things inspired by her videos. I discovered her about a year ago. I fell in love with her recipes and her videos. Her videos are spectacularly clean and crisp. It inspires me to make my own cooking YouTube channel, but then I'd get all frustrated about how my videos aren't clean. ;) But the only way to learn and improve skills such as video editing is by doing it.

A particular recipe caught my eye while I was binge watching her videos. It was a brioche dough recipe that was no-knead. No-knead to tell me a second time, I was gonna try it out next time I baked with yeast.


Gemma Stafford from Bigger Bolder Baking's Brioche Dough Recipe




It was a simple recipe. I followed the directions accordingly. Despite Stafford's warnings, I ended up putting the salt directly on top of the yeast in the flour mixture. I just quickly mixed up the dry ingredients, hoping for the best. I used 1 cup and 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour and a 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour. I kept it in the fridge for around 14 or 15 hours as I wasn't in too much of a rush to bake it. I let the dough come up to room temperature for an hour. Afterwards, I buttered up a loaf pan and just rolled out the dough, placing it in the loaf pan. I proofed it in an oven that was previously used. It proofed for 3 hours. Then, I baked it for about 28 or so minutes.







It was/is divine. The bread was a bit dense, but so soft and crumbly. It was almost like a cornbread crumbly. Kind of cake like. I really enjoyed it. I told myself that I made it for nutella sandwiches for school, but uh it is almost gone already. To be fair, I shared it with others. I love it with nutella and just by itself. I tried it toasted with nutella, so good!





Here's a little treat for coming by and all. Little Meli! 


<3 Until next time.

Comments